Crux Climbing Center is currently seeking a full-time routesetter (30+ hours/week).
Crux Climbing Center is Austin’s premier indoor climbing, bouldering, yoga and fitness facility, featuring 22,000 sq. ft. climbing gym. Overall, the space is geared for hosting large and high energy events with an enormous and completely configurable bouldering wall at the focus.
We are expanding into a second location in Austin, set to open early 2020. A 21,000 sq. ft. bouldering-only gym. The current plan is to have the hired individual move into the role of head routesetter of one of Crux’s locations once the new facility is operational. This is a great opportunity to move into a management role and gain experience setting for high-profile competitions!
- Set bouldering and rope climbs (3 days/week)
- Forerun routes and problems
- Provide/Receive productive feedback
- Clean/Organize climbing holds and setting room
- Conduct necessary wall repair
- Ability to work additional hours during competitions
- Assist in the teardown and rebuild of the Future Wall (Once a year)
- Ability to forerun V7 and 5.13 consistently
- Previous routesetting experience, required
- Competition and USA Climbing Level 2+ Certification, preferred
- Pay is based on experience
- Two free Crux memberships, along with a personal membership to local climbing gyms
- Paid setting team climbing days (once a month)
- Compensation while setting competitions outside of Crux, or obtaining USAC certifications
How to Apply
Send Resume and Cover Letter to Ben Edwards, email@example.com.
The application deadline is July 23, 2019. Although we are looking for someone to join the crew and grow with Crux, consideration would be given to experienced setters who are interested in working for a shorter amount of time (minimum 3-months).
7/15 – 8/2
7/15 Monday – Left Side of the Lead Cave in the Rope Canyon
7/17 Wednesday – NO SETTING
7/19 Friday – Right Side of the Lead Cave in the Rope Canyon
7/22 Monday – Right Side of 24HR Bouldering Cave
7/24 Wednesday – Left Side of the Slab in the Rope Canyon
7/26 Friday – Right Side of the Slab in the Rope Canyon
7/29 Monday – Left Side of the Bouldering Corral
7/31 Wednesday – Right Side of the Bouldering Corral
8/2 Friday – Vertical Wall in the Rope Canyon
*All areas above will be closed at 9PM the night before
Upcoming Closures and Comps
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Let us know what you think about the latest sets! Too hard, too soft, more feet, less feet, more hard climbs, more easy climbs, etc? The more specific, the more it will help us! Let us know sport (rope) vs. bouldering, the wall it’s on, or even the exact routes & problems.