This class is designed to introduce the systems you need to know to effectively climb a Multi-Pitch route. Although different skills may be required in order to climb certain climbs, this will provide students with an overview of the basic skills climbers should know before going to do a multi-pitch climb. This class is taught by an SPI through the AMGA.
- How to use a PAS or personal anchor system
- How to make a clove hitch
- How to properly belay from the top of a climb using a gri gri, atc guide, or reverso
- How to manage rope while at top belay
- How to switch belay at top
- How to properly rappel with an extended tube style belay device and auto block.
- Must have prior knowledge of anchors.
- Must be lead certified through Crux.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Participants without knowledge of anchors will be rescheduled for the Anchor Building and Cleaning course offered every third Sunday of every month.
Will You Need Gear?
This clinic will use a 5mm cordelette 1.5 meters long or a hollow block, an ATC, quick draws, a harness, and any extra slings or carabiners. Crux sells everything you will need in our gear shop, if you want to just pick it up before or after the clinic.
Times and dates:
*This class must have 2 participants signed up or it will be rescheduled. Certain exceptions can be made, please contact email@example.com.
We realize that sometimes life happens and you may not be able to make your climbing class.
*Classes that are canceled or rescheduled on the day of the event will not be issued a refund.
We do not offer refunds for no shows. Please let us know if you have any questions at (512) 931-3911.