Let’s get ready to boulder! Crux Boulder League Season 9 sign ups are up!
CBL is a fun, community league to bring everyone together in a friendly competition! Each season we’ve been making it bigger and better, so be sure to check out all the info below.
Dates and Times:
- Starts February 12th until March 11th
- Every Wednesday for 5 weeks from 6:00p-9:00p*
- Finals will be Wednesday, March 11th! We will recognize 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams with individual trophies. 1st place team will get their name engraved on the CBL Cup. We will also award League MVPs in each category – the individual that scores the most points! Plus free beer on finals night!
*While the night starts at 6:00P, participants can start at any time. It will end at 9:00P.
There will be 20 climbs. Climb the hardest 3 climbs you can. This will help us set the difficulty for the rest of the event. You must finish the boulder to receive any points.
Week 2 thru 5
Modified Redpoint. Each category will have 5 climbs.
For week one, every boulder is worth 25 points.
After week one your score will be the total points you accumulate on your 5 boulders.
Your score will be combined with the rest of your teammates each week, to calculate your teams total score. At the end of week 5 the team with the most cumulative points wins the Team Category. The person in each category with the most points wins the individual category. Ties will be awarded to the team/individual with the most completed boulders.
Points are earned by completing a problem from start to finish while establishing control of the finish hold with two hands, or by controlling a “zone” hold with one hand. Mark the highest point zone, or finish, that you reach. You have unlimited attempts, so just mark your best score. If you use a hold or feature that is “off route” no more points can be earned and the attempt will count. Don’t Cheat!
SUBSTITUTIONS: Do you think you’ll be missing one of the weeks? Please let us know if you will be having a sub. Here are the steps for substitution:
- If you have someone in mind that climbs at your same skill level, you may sub them in for the week that you are gone. This approach will better ensure the quality of the team member that you have subbed.
- If you cannot find a partner, we are gathering a sub list. Climbers can email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, skill level, and availability to be put on the list. We need 24/hrs notice if you would like for us to pull someone from our list.
- Lastly, if we do not have anyone that can sub in on the date that you need and at the skill level. We will post for walk-ins on the day of.
Subs that are Crux members will not have to pay to participate; however, non-members will be charged a reduced day pass of $10. Please share this info with your friends that didn’t sign up, but might be interested in subbing for a day.
There are 4 people on each team. Crux will place people on a team. Each team is mixed with climbers of different skill levels; however, the team members’ categories do not matter because the scoring system is not weighted heavier for harder problems (see below).
Beginner (VB-1), Intermediate (V2-V4 ), Advance (V5-V7), Open (V8+)
Every participant will get a black shirt with a gray CBL logo and free drinks for the finals!
- Members: $20 – late sign-up $30
- Non-Membership: $50 – late sign-up $60 *includes day passes to compete
Late sign up starts February 6th